We get requests for various types of group reservations including but not limited to wedding parties, outdoor adventurers, family reunions etc. After six summers we have developed some guidleines we follow simply because we have been "burned" so many times:
1. If you want to rent the whole place or many of the rooms for a group, we require that the person(s) renting each room call and make their own reservation with their own credit card. This keeps the coordinator off the hook if they do not show and allows us the chance to give each person the rules of the road. We can set aside a block of rooms in advance but will give you a limited amount of time for the future guests to call and make reservations. This time frame is related to what time of year you are making the reservation for and how far in advance we are working with.
2. If you insist that all rooms are to be paid for by you, then we will bill the entire stay on your credit card 10 days prior to your arrival, non refundable. This will ensure we are covered when half the family decides not come because we did not give them the rules of the road. (believe us, they will not show as planned)
3.If you want to use the main deck for a group gettogether, we require you rent Cabin 7 because of its location next to the main deck. We do not allow exclusive use or reservations for the deck unless you have rented the whole place.
4. The main deck is available for use by a large group. You may not rent cabin 7 only as an example, and place all your guests in another motel and still use the main deck. We would like to see this motel be the primary rental location when groups use the deck.
5. We will not host the actual wedding ceremony at the motel. You may stay here, use the main deck for meals and parties for guests at the motel, but ask you to arrange for the ceremony at the many locations in the area. We do not want the responsibility of making sure your wedding is perfect.
6. We do not offer discounts if you rent the whole motel. All discounts we have in place will apply to group rentals as with any guest that qualifys.
7. All other rules apply to groups as to regular guests. We do not allow animals. Guests staying at other motels that do allow pets may not bring them to parties on the main deck here or in any rooms.
8. If you are going to use an outside service provider at the motel during your stay you must first advise us and obtain approval to do so. An example would be food catering, massage therapy, entertainment such as DJ's or musicians, etc
As with any proposal or rule I am sure there are those out there thinking up a scenario I have not listed. Please call and lay it on us so I can add it to this list.